The Best in Polished Concrete Floor Finishes
There’s a reason concrete is such a popular flooring choice for garages & driveways, businesses, and industrial facilities – it’s practical, durable, and easy to maintain. However, even the most robust of surfaces can benefit from a polished concrete floor finish. Grind & Seal polishes and seals a clients’ concrete flooring in one quick and affordable service, dramatically extending its lifespan while enhancing its appearance. If you’re looking for a cost-efficient way to improve your concrete flooring business, Grind & Seal is the solution you’ve been searching for!
What is Grind and Seal?
Grind and Seal is a flooring installation process that involves grinding, sealing and polishing concrete in one service. The process begins with grinding the concrete to create a smooth surface. Once the surface is smooth, the installer will apply a sealer to protect the concrete from stains, scratches, and other damage. The final step is to apply a polish on top of the prepared concrete floor surface. The final product is a beautiful and sleek polished concrete floor, perfect for foot and vehicle traffic of any kind.
Grind and Seal is a great addition to any flooring business’ services because of its versatility (residential, commercial and industrial). It’s also incredibly cost-and-labor efficient. The resources you need for polished concrete floor installation are necessary on most flooring job sites anyways, making it a convenient service for a flooring business.
What Tools Do I Need To Install Polished Concrete?
In order to Grind and Seal a concrete floor for your clients, you will need the following tools:
– A large floor grinder for general surface & polishing work, like our top-of-the-line Concrete Genie.
– Angle grinder for less exhaustive surfacing. We recommend the Metabo Angle Grinder.
– Polishing Pads to help give your floor that sleek, glossy finish that you want.
– Concrete Sealer. Our Xtreme Shield Concrete Sealer is durable, quick to dry and will protect your clients floors..
We have an online store at EpoxyETC that will provide you with every tool and resource you need. Be sure to invest in safety equipment to protect yourself from the dust generated while grinding. Having the best equipment your budget can buy is an important first step to guaranteeing a successful installation.
We also provide equipment packages which include all these tools in one single package, as well as OSHA-certified vacuums to combat that harmful dust generation. These packages allow you to scale up the installation depending on what size space you plan to work on.
How Do I Install a Polished Concrete Floor?
The installation process is straightforward, but make sure to follow each step exhaustively to prevent a faulty installation.
- First, the installer will grind the surface of the concrete using a grinder.
- Then, the surface must be cleaned and prepared for the installation of the system on top of it.
- Next, you will apply a sealer to the surface in order to protect it from stains and scratches.
- Once the sealer is dried, the technician polishes the installed system to give it a sleek and professional finish.
The entire process will take just a few hours, and is relatively affordable compared to other flooring solutions. You must make sure to properly prepare the surface and install the system correctly, though. Cutting corners during the process will only cost you, and your client, money and labor time in the long run.
Here at EpoxyETC, we also offer a 5 day course to help guide you and your flooring business through the industry; from using a grinder, to installing an epoxy system, marketing tips and so much more. Join us and learn from our experienced professionals at Epoxy Classes. If you’re looking to learn more about working with concrete specifically, we also offer our Polished Concrete University. .
Benefits of Installing a Grind and Seal System
There are many benefits to installing a Grind and Seal polished concrete floor system. Some of the most notable include:
– Increased Durability: A Grind and Seal system will protect your clients’ concrete floor from scratches, stains, and other damage. This will extend the lifespan of their floor and keep it looking professional for years to come.
– Quick and Easy Installation: Grind and Seal’s relatively rapid installation helps you get in and out quickly, allowing for your client to support foot and vehicle traffic quicker.
– Sleek and Professional Appearance: Gives concrete floors a polished and professional appearance that is sure to impress your clients.
Aside from making your client happy, it’s also an additional source of profit for your business. It’s an affordable service on the installation end, and its quick turnaround time allows you to finish and move onto the next job fast.
Overall, Grind and Seal is a great way to improve the look of your client’s concrete floor and extend its lifespan. Any flooring business looking to add a cost-efficient new service for their clients should consider a polished concrete floor their best option. Now you can expand your flooring business and make your customers happier using the information from this guide.
If there are any additional questions about how to install polished concrete floors or how to seal concrete, contact our trusted specialists at (954) 799-6359. Our Xtreme Polishing Systems store has many of the resources you need, including those discussed in this article.